Alright, I know I am a late starter...but what the heck...this is my blog. So I choose when to write it-right?
Don't bother answering it because I don't really care.
Okay so now we come to the second most important question, which is- What do I write about. There are bloggers who fancy themselves as experts on Business and Finance and write about the Euro-zone crisis, some who are tech-enthusiasts and write about the latest gizmos, others write about fashion, food, politics, getaways, etc. Well, I do read up on all the above and more...but I have to make a confession here.....I don't understand most of what they write on www.techcrunch.com. And I cannot tell you whether to 'Buy' or 'Sell'a stock.But do not despair, my dear friends.I am your one-stop guide on everything else that matters (at least to me!).
The bus-ride to my office is an interesting time of the day for me. Not that my work is less interesting...I say that because I come across strange/funny/irritating/weird people in the bus and studying their behavior is an interesting pastime. A week ago, I was standing in the BMTC Volvo bus next to this obnoxious female, herein referred to as 'OF' in all future references. The OF had planted her plump self (can't write F** A*s here coz my family might read this) onto the seat as best as she could, which wasn't a lot, going by the obvious discomfort on the face of the poor guy on the next seat. It was only 30 seconds since I boarded the bus and her phone rang. JESUS HOLY CHRIST! Why do people put their phones on loud mode if their ring tone is a Justin Beiber song! After this shriek to myself (of course on mute) I waited for the blasphemy to end. She took her own sweet time pulling out the ridiculously expensive smartphone from her shoulder bag which had the name of an Engineering College printed on it. Hmmm so, OF was an engineering student who wore eyeliner, mascara, lipstick and black nail-paint to her college. OF then started speaking in what yours truly likes to call "Tanglish" to a friend who was apparently not studying in the same college. She then proceeded to talk to her in a voice so loud, I can bet folks in the bus right behind mine could hear her. She told her friend
how "kewl"her college was and that her gang had been nicknamed the "high-fi snobs" by classmates and how they got completely sloshed at a friends birthday party and could not go home for fear of getting caught by parents.
Whoa! Thats a lot of info she had let go of. Then she went on to conf the call with another friend and then another.This went on for about 40 minutes after which she decided it was time to listen to some music. I looked at her in horror...."does she have earphones"? Oh yes she did!
OF, completely oblivious to the fact that there were people around who did not care for the kind of music she liked; or, for that matter, music of any kind, decided to play the music first and then rummage for the elusive earphones in her bag. Out came a bag full of cosmetics and make-up, some munchies, wallet, sunglasses and then....the earphones. Wow! What a relief! I cringed thru it all and then what she did next made me feel like doubling up and rolling on the floor!! OF could not plug the earphones properly....she plugged it in and clamped on the earphones and started nodding her head vigourously and moving in her seat. But she didn't realise that the plugs weren't inserted properly into the input slot and we could all here the music. It invoked giggles from the sundry females around me...."what was OF swaying to if she could not listen to the music?"!!!!!!!
What a start to the day I said and smiled to myself...
Your strength of character shows through the fact that such a painful ordeal made you smile! My sensitive soul would have shuddered in horror.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blogosphere- we could do with some more brains here :)
@arudresh:Thanks a lot!
ReplyDelete