There are times in your life when you wish you
could go back in time and just erase/delete/obliterate something that happened
in the past. However, the world conspires against you to remind you time
and again of the occurrence. Try as you might, you simply cannot turn back the
clock. As you keep on thinking and analyzing the issue, there is
something called “hindsight” which kicks in. It brings with it the realization
that you made a mistake (Ugh ...I still hate to admit it!) and at times
some learning (depending upon how many brain cells you have).
Come to think of it, why does it happen that you
realize this only on hindsight? For that matter, why doesn't the
realization that you had in hindsight come to you before the event itself.
Alright, I know this is confusing …..So let me put it this way: why doesn't hindsight
(or call it by any other name) come before the act that triggers hindsight? I
know wise guy…I can imagine the smirk on your face when you say it aloud….
“It’s called foresight silly!”
But really…you don’t quite get it, do you? What I am
referring to is the learning or realization that hindsight gives you and
foresight doesn't. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could have
hindsight or the realization that come with it before we make a decision?
I think it would be infinitely better and much more welcome thus.
Remember the time when you gave yourself a mental kick when you said or
did something which triggered an unintended adverse reaction? I am referring to
that.
This brings us to the questions as to why am I
bothered suddenly about hindsight? It’s because I have come to realize that
hindsight could save one a lot of embarrassment, sheepish smiles and regret.
One wouldn't spend time fretting over what went wrong or how one
could set it right. One would not be worried about what could have been
but couldn't. It would simply, save us all, a lot of trouble.
Enough said people! Some of you who are
reading this blog (c’mon … there aren't a lot of you who know I
write a blog in the first place) and an even smaller subset who have understood
what I have written; must be wondering what this is all about. I know of more
than one person who must be thinking ... “what crap is this!” Yes folks!
Above all, in hindsight you can say that I happened to have some free time
and didn't know what to do, so I thought of writing a blog. I had no
idea what to write about … so I wrote a whole lot of crap to distract myself
and entertain some of you. Come to think of it …. This isn't a whole
lot of b***s***. There are scientists out there who have dedicated a lifetime
to studying the phenomena wherein you “see” light even after closing your
eyes!! I cannot be blamed for spending an innocent 20 minute session for
writing this trash. ‘Nuff said people … See ya..Till the next inspiration
strikes in my “free” time!
No comments:
Post a Comment